Monday, April 23, 2012

Crisis...see the light

Alrighty, it has been a bit of time since I have written and I do have quite a lot to talk about. I have recently accepted a position as a Middle School Spanish Teacher in Columbus, Nebraska. I will begin training August 3rd. This summer is approaching fast, which means that my student teaching is nearing a close. I have learned quite a lot through these last 12 weeks. I have improved on every aspect of teaching and some I have accomplished.
So the last 4 weeks here at the high school have gone very well. I am teaching Spanish 2 and I taught one class of Spanish 3. I have learned everything that these students have learned, but let me tell you it has been a long time. I am reviewing the materials and learning right along with the students. I have enjoyed this level of students a lot and would like to teach at this level also. I have my last observation this Thursday and believe that it will go well.
Last week my CT’s daughter had pink eye and had to stay home 2 days (got it in one and then the other eye) and therefore I was all alone to teach to all the classes. Classes went well and were successful, a big accomplishment for myself. Last Friday we also had a lockdown drill and learned our procedures for our disaster drills. Overall it was a great week and very eye-opening for me.
The only downfall started Friday night. I had a quarter-life crisis and was all out of sorts. The end of school, graduation, the reality of a real job, the reality of paying back my school loans, moving at the end of the summer, and the reality of failure all came down on me that night. I was a mess to say the least and needed to talk it over with someone. I have been successful at my student teaching, but have not done several things: severe discipline issues, setting up the classroom rules and routines, failed at something. I am just worried that I am up on a pedestal for being successful and that one day I will fail and it will be bad.
It has been 2 years since my best friend and I have no longer been friends and do not talk anymore. I am still not for sure on how our friendship fell apart and how we could not fix it. It took me almost 1.5 years to get over this and realize that there was nothing more I could do about it. But in times when I feel really down and want to talk to somebody about crisis things I want a best friend. Ever since that fall out I have not had a best friend. I have a lot of friends, but none that I can tell absolutely anything too and can trust that they will have my back through everything. So I talked it out with my boyfriend, but I don’t like burdening him all the time and just want to talk to other people. All people need at least one best friend. J So I think now is the time for my puppy (pug!! Hint hint). After a lot of tears, Kleenexes, and a long talk with the bf I felt a lot better and realize that I need to organize my events so that they do not collide at one time. Stress building up and collapsing all at once sucks J.
This past weekend my boyfriend’s mom visited and we watched baseball all weekend. It was very windy on Saturday and quite chilly. Now yesterday was nicer out; there was still a breeze, but it must have been warm enough because my face is quite sunburned. Yesterday was a great day. My pololo (boyfriend) pitched for the last inning on Saturday’s 1st game (2 strikeouts) and then yesterday he pitched a complete game with 17 strikeouts. There were 22 outs in this 7 inning game, because one batter struck out and stole 1st base (3rd strike was dropped). Ethan made all but 5 of the outs in the game and did a phenomenal job pitching yesterday. He said he just found his rhythm yesterday and was on a role. His arm is quite sore and he will pitch on Sunday. It is senior night this Thursday (only 2 seniors) and I will be there to watch him get an award. There will be a great surprise for him on Thursday!
I have 1.5 weeks left here and a ½ marathon this weekend. My other knee hurt real bad last night that I could not walk with it bent and needed to sleep with a wrap on it. I am nervous for this weekend and hope that I can be successful. I just need to trust in myself and know that I can succeed. I need to get over this half empty mentality and get my confidence back to where it used to be.
Upcoming events:
½ marathon
Graduation
Summer job
Moving

Chau Chau

No comments:

Post a Comment