Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Long Vacation is Over

Today was back to reality and it was ok, except that I was real tired. Sometimes I wish that I could just go back to my bed and sleep for a while longer, but I can't do that now can I? :) It was our gold day today, meaning no planning block and real long. It went well it was just transitioning from the long vacation weekend and the fact that we didn't start on a Monday, but rather a Tuesday.

I taught the last two blocks and they went well. This first block had 20 minutes of lecture and then were off to lunch, I think that it is quite odd to split it up like that, but hey if it works its all good. After lunch they returned and only a few things went wrong in class: The screen to project/hide things on the board would not stay down, and then I forgot what my next topic was to do, embarrassing for me--who knows if the students even noticed (I think some did). The last class of the day went well and we had a productive day.

I am starting to find out that NO MATTER how much I LOVE my content area, there are those students who don't care (unless are there to work with them individually), or merely do not understand the content and are struggling. I have been trying to reach to as many students as I can, but I am not sure if it is making a difference. I try to include as many kids as I can in class participation, but don't believe everyone is on board. I understand that I was destined to find out that NOT everybody loves Spanish as much as I do, but that I need to care for the student just the same and help him/her achieve their own success as a student.

I am working on names, but I AM getting better!! Its hard not seeing the student everyday and not knowing their real name let alone their Spanish name. 'I' messages are going slightly better, and my main concern is still discipline. Kids will be kids, but I do not want to get ran over by them.

I worked on my lesson plans this past weekend and will need to significantly retouch them in order to script out my moves in the classroom. I am getting my activities together and just mainly everything to make the class run smoothly and make it understandable to the students. It is hard work, but I am getting there. The kids are making their adjustments in being comfortable talking to me, asking me questions, letting me sign their planner, and being all around comfortable with me.

I am learning SOOOO MUCH from my CT and she is the sweetest lady. She loves to share and is open ears to new ideas and lays it out there in order that I can improve and achieve my goals. It is sad that it is only such a short time, because there is so much I want to learn and experience but I know that it will continue in the high school. Can you believe that tomorrow is Wednesday and that this is the middle of my second week and I feel like it has been forever?

Well its off to bed I go and I am exhausted so lets see what tomorrow brings.

Ps I need some motivation to keep me going on my training. Could not run today so decided to bike (treadmills are not made for long runs=boring) thank you snow yesterday. I need to stay on track because the runs are getting longer and need to train my knee (so it doesn't hurt so much anymore). Any ideas let me know. :)

Chau Chau a todos
Buenas noches, que duerman muy bien.

No comments:

Post a Comment